Saturday, January 15, 2005

Chennai bloggers mini-meet :)

Two days back, there was a mini-meet of bloggers from Chennai at Hot Breads on Cathedral Road. The bloggers in question were Magix, Ferrari and Shyam (real-life identities: Harish, Prabhu and Shyam… heheh). Well, strictly speaking, there was only ONE blogger from Chennai – Magix. Ferrari and Shyam were (are?) from Bangalore and the UK, respectively… but since they were once residents of Chennai, I guess the term used originally wasn’t too far off the mark.

The meeting wasn’t a long-winded one, and there were no speeches – especially from Magix, who’s as quiet in real life as he isn’t in the world of blogs! But I suspect that he’s totally different once he gets to know people better! Prabhu didn’t seem any different from his online personality – what surprised me (and made me jealous, as always!) were his dimples! Just WASTED on guys, dimples. Girls could do better with dimples. Me, in particular! ;)

Personally, I thought the meeting was fun. I’d originally felt that there was no need to meet bloggers in person – the reason being that online personalities can differ quite wildly in reality. Well, that was SORT of true for Harish, who was shy – but not too shy to refrain from his trademark “kadis”! So I guess that wasn’t too different, really. I don’t know what the guys thought of the encounter, but I hope they had as good a time as I did. I'm looking forward to meeting more of my blogpals in the future…

5 comments:

F e r r a r i said...

Hey Shyam, It was great meeting you as well. You know, you should have joined myself and magix later as well. We went to Marina beach and saw very very interesting hoardings as well ;-) Shall blog about it in detail bit later. And no mosquitoes :-))

The best part of the meet was two ex-chennai ites explaining to a 19-year old college student(that too a guy) where cathedral road is ;-)

So all set for the south india trip???

P.S. I need to get into an agreement with you. So that you dont mention abt dimples. okay?

Shammi said...

Ok Prabhu, since you dont want me to mention your dimples, I wont mention your dimples again ;) The agreement only holds good if you promise to treat me to - surprise! - samosas at our next meeting! :) I'm glad you had a good time, though!

F e r r a r i said...

Yeah sure. Samosa meet treat :-)

Harish said...

I can be worse! :) Ask Ferrari abt the 1st time I met him!! I guess I spoke jus two words.. Hi and Bye! :)

But yeah, I enjoyed the meet too. There's one more person I wanna meet though.. Fajita! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Shyam. Glad you are enjoying your visit to Chennai/India. Excuse the mosquitoes & traffic & pollution & crowds & garbage & ...do you really want me to go on? What to do...we are like this only! Would like to meet up with you during the weekend, if possible. My number is 98-401-31451. Do let me know! Ravi