Thursday, October 23, 2008

Speedy conclusion

For a moment there, when I read that the Swindon Council had banned speed cameras, I thought it was because the Council thought the cameras didnt really stop traffic accidents, were too Nanny-state and, most of all, were easy revenue earners.

But noooo… the Council was just pissed off that all the cash from fines went to the government although the Council was responsible for the upkeep of the cameras. *sigh* I should have known it wasn't because of wanting to be fair to motorists or in the interests of "eco-driving".

Why am I convinced that the Council would not have banned the cameras if it, rather than the central government, had been the recipient of all the moolah?

Am I just cynical?

*sighhhhhhh

1 comment:

Teesu (very very Indian, very very good) said...

You must think. And if you think even a BIT too much, it makes you weary...SIGH.