Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Life I Left Behind, by Colette McBeth

2/100 Have you heard of Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones"? That's not the book I'm going to write about, but "The Life I Left Behind" by Colette McBeth has, at its very basic level, a similar premise. It's a psychological thriller, where a woman who was nearly murdered but survived, has to find the murderer of the woman who tried to find the original assailant but didn't survive the assault. The story is told by turn from the viewpoint of the woman who survived, the woman who didn't and the detective inspector who is investigating both cases. A very good read, because I lived and breathed this book for the duration - nothing short of surgery would have parted me from it till the finish!

2 comments:

Anu said...

I didn't like "Lovely Bones" at all. Will give this one a try...

Shammi said...

I didn't like Lovely Bones either. This book is better, I think.